The impacts of climate change are already resulting in economic losses around different countries in Africa. Activities to adapt to the impacts of climate change come with a range of costs, and associated implications for the need for financial investments. It is critical for African countries to gain an improved understanding of their adaptation investment requirements in order to build a stronger basis for articulating their financing priorities and attracting capital. National adaptation investment planning enables countries to prioritize and integrate adaptation strategies into their development plans. Recognizing that the impacts of climate change on agricultural productivity will vary significantly across the continent, this platform allows for exchange of experiences and knowledge regarding opportunities for adaptation financing and investments.
- Africa must boost investment in #agriculture to build #resilience and blunt threats from #climate variability and c… https://t.co/btA1VMJ3qc, Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Farmers in #Tanzania have more than tripled #potato production in the past six years. What’s their secret?… https://t.co/s7fOOhDEGv, Saturday, March 17, 2018
- How better adapted #potato varieties & new partnerships increase farmers’ resilience to #climate change in Lushoto… https://t.co/VqwoSB3vb8, Thursday, March 15, 2018
- Farmers in #Tanzania have more than tripled #potato production in the past six years. What’s their secret?… https://t.co/sQWwBlduXU, Wednesday, March 14, 2018
- New paper reviews 4 types of evaluation methods for informing stakeholders about the benefits of different investme… https://t.co/TTUdz3V0YC, Tuesday, March 13, 2018