Date: Wednesday November 1 2017
The aim of the webinars is to share lessons from projects of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) that have helped bridge the science-policy divide and better respond to the needs of policymakers with demand-led evidence creation. The webinars will share CCAFS’s experiences using approaches such as learning alliances and science-policy dialogue forums with people interested in informing policy with science and conducting demand-led research.
The first webinar will start on 1 November at 4pm GMT.
- Edmond Totin discussing the West African platforms used by the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
- Jen Twyman provides lessons from International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) projects
- Marieke Veeger shares experiences from the Costa Rica case
The second webinar will start on 2 November at 9am GMT.
- Val Pede will speak share experiences from the Policy Information and Response Platform on Climate Change and Rice in the ASEAN and its member countries (PIRCCA) Project and its platform(s)
- Edidah Ampaire will discuss the Policy Action for Climate Change Adaptation (PACCA) learning alliances
- Todd Crane will share the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) EA/WA science-policy divide project