This video documents two related projects implemented by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) in Uganda. The projects conducted research on how people can better interact across scales to improve agricultural adaptation to climate change. The Policy Action for Climate Change Adaptation project was part of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS), and the Scaling of Climate Smart Agricultural Practices project was funded by IFAD. Together, the two projects helped forge stronger connections along a chain of actors: from national policy makers, to district-level learning alliances, all the way to farmers. Demonstration plots helped educate farmers on climate-smart agricultural practices, and learning alliances created spaces for dialogue between policy makers, researchers, district planners, and more. The PACCA project also examined budgets allocated for gender issues to help stimulate discussion at the various levels on how women and men can best be helped to adapt to climate change.
Up Coming Events
- RT @FollowAIDF: We are very pleased to announce that Rwanda Climate Services for Agriculture has won the Project of the Year Award!… https://t.co/qiIYpW7eEY, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- RT @cgiarclimate_EA: Congrats to @rwandacsa project for winning the Climate Smart Agriculture Project of the Year at #csaafrica. We're p… https://t.co/TU5yrP8AQw, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- RT @catmungai: Congratulations to Desire Kagabo, Project Coordinator of the @RwandaCSA project for winning the Climate Smart Agric… https://t.co/nLri6BxHc5, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- RT @cgiarclimate_EA: Our @RwandaCSA project is among top 10 shortlisted project for the Climate Smart Agriculture Project of the Year Aw… https://t.co/Ghc7RrYl0i, Tuesday, May 15, 2018
- RT @catmungai: Good stuff! Looking forward to the discussion, especially the highlights from the ongoing online discussion on yout… https://t.co/N0droNzq6v, Tuesday, May 15, 2018