Here comes another opportunity for a young writer, in the context of our partnership with Farming First. Farming First and YPARD are indeed giving youth a voice on the popular Farming First blog which receives over 14,000 visitors each month, through a series of youth guest contributions.
The Focus for the upcoming entry is: Post-2015.
- Are you working on an agricultural project relating to the formation of the Sustainable Development Goals?
- How is it progressing and what challenges has it faced?
- How can young people play a more active role in the execution of the Sustainable Development Goals?
The Deadline for submission of interest: 1st June 2015
Before submitting a full piece – if you are interested – we would ask you to first send a 150-word synopsis to Liz (firstname.lastname@example.org) (with copy to me), by 1st June 2015. This way, Liz will be able to plan with you what you will write. For us, it is also a way to offer young people an opportunity to strengthen their writing skills (whenever needed), thanks to the coaching of a communications expert.
This synopsis includes:
- The name and title of the author of the blog
- A catchy headline
- Three to five bullet points that outline your article
- Any connection to news events, report launches etc (if relevant)
Have a look at Farming First’s guidelines for guest contributors to learn about the style of content we are looking for.