|Direct Reports||Project Team Leaders, and Leader for M&E|
|Employment Category||3 Year Renewal Contract|
Purpose of the Job and Specific Responsibilities:
To Provide Transformational Leadership focused at Resource Mobilisation and Technical oversight across all the projects of KT, including driving synergies and collaboration among projects and with implementation partners, to ensure delivery of organizational technical results to the satisfaction of clients and stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and fundraise for new projects and/or follow-up phases of exiting projects â€“ through the Project Development unit as well as the teams of the on-going projects.
- Lead, Coordinate and/or supervise:
- The overall and annual results planning and implementation of all projects and provide leadership in building strong synergies between all the Projects being implemented by the Trust so as to ensure efficient delivery of the Mission of the Trust;
- The forging effective networking and motivation of project internal teams and partners to drive a high level of performance; and
- The design and implementation of a partnership plan to enable KT to build a strong and reputable partnership for the implementation of projects and as well as for scaling-up results from those projects.
- Ensure that KT as an organization, as well as each project, adopt and fully utilize modern ICT and other technologies to solve problems and enhance efficiency in implementation
- Put in place and implement a high quality monitoring and evaluation system (including external evaluation) capable of tracking the delivery of impacts and outcomes at organizational, program and project levels
- Coordinate the organization and implementation of meetings and other relevant activities of the Programs Oversight Committee (POC) of the Board
- Serve as main point of contact/representative of KT for policy and contractual matters for each project
- Ensure KT implements robust knowledge management, communication and sharing, enabling it to be influential at national, regional and global levels
- Undertake any other duties delegated by the CEO, including deputizing when the CEO is away on leave
Experience and qualifications required:
You are the right candidate if you have the following:
- More than 10 years experience and proven track record of delivery as Director or Chief of Party for programs working in the development of agricultural value chains, markets and trade at regional level â€“ under regional and/or international organizations.
- More than five (5) years and track record of delivery at senior position in academia and research in agri- business development with at least five highly influential publications.
- Track record of delivery of high quality consultancy and advisory service to private sector agribusinesses.
- Impeccable competences in:
- Leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Leading by example to inspire your team to set and achieve high targets;
- Communication; and
- The identification and introduction of new high technology to solve problems and improve efficiency
- Track record in development of strategies, projects and fundraising
- Post-graduate degree in Agri-business and/or agricultural trade development
- Basic degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Sciences or Agricultural Economics