A high-level webcast event will focus on innovations in index insurance that can safeguard the future of farmers under climate change. Register now!
In a changing climate, stronger and more frequent weather and climate extremes are the new norm. Smallholder farmers in the developing world experience some of the highest levels of vulnerability to weather and climate risk. In this context, weather index-based insurance is an attractive approach to managing weather and climate risks.
Index insurance has been found to work well at the pilot scale – but can it reach farmers at a broader scale and achieve commercial viability?
Join experts for a discussion on Wed, Jan 28 2015 14:30 – 16:00 GMT. A Q&A session will allow viewers to interact with the panelists.
Confirmed speakers include :
- Ms. Clare Shakya, DFID (UK)
- Mr. Bashiru Martins, Agricultural Insurance Corporation of Nigeria
- Mr. Joseph Plappallil, Agriculture Insurance Company of India
- Ms. Christina Ulardic, SwissRe
- Mr. Richard Choularton, World Food Program
- Dr. Chirantan Bannerjee, GIZ (Germany)
- Dr Débísí Àràbà, Office of the Honourable Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Nigeria