Iso Lomso Fellowships provide an exceptional early career opportunity for Africa’s brightest minds in academia. Fellows will enjoy:
- a three-year attachment to STIAS during which time they may spend a total of ten months in residence at STIAS to develop and pursue a
- long-term research programme;
- the possibility of a residency at a sister institute for advanced study in North America, Europe or elsewhere;
- funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops;
- support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS;
- lecturer replacement subsidy for the fellow’s home institution during residency periods.
The programme is aimed at African scholars who have obtained a doctoral degree within the preceding seven years and who hold an academic position at a university or research institution anywhere in Africa. Candidates should have established a research programme and have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD programme. All disciplines are considered.
Application deadline: 15 November 2017
Shortlist selection: 31 January 2018
Final selection: 28 February 2018
Contact: Dr. Christoff Pauw STIAS Programme Manager, Tel. +27 21 808 9331, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org